Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Oh How Beautiful!

Being that I am finally in my second trimester and the worries are slowly discipating, I finally decided to pick up a camera and snap a shot of my 16 week belly (and I wonder why that cow insulted me by asking if I was having triplets? Sorry, I just cant let it go... wait till I catch that Bia on the street) So I wasn't a svelte super model pre-preggo, even though I thought I was hotter than hell. I like to think I had the opposite or the better version of body dysmorphic disorder. LOL. My body wasn't perfect and I rarely had self esteem issues... those only came when I would actually start to work on my fitness and obsess over losing weight, AND THAT DEFINITELY WAS NOT FUN. I'd rather be fat and happy than skinny, obsessed and have more self esteem issues than when I wasn't trying. Anyways... I've totally veered off topic. So yes, my baby bump is larger than most 16 week-ers and I probably look like I've got multiples in there (but it's actually just a few too many tamales and doughnuts). Either way, I'm starting to feel comfortable in my skin again. I still hide behind the sweaters a little, but I'm working on it. I thought I'd take the picture since I wanted to record my pregnancy as best as possible... speaking of record, I mentioned how I started that baby journal to help me cope with certain issues/worries. I slacked off when I moved to the ranch, I guess talking about the pregnancy was just as therapeutic. After about 5 weeks of no entries, I decided to pick up the slack and catch up... and back to the picture. I didn't get all dolled up, I just wanted to capture the moment. Since I haven't seen my brother in over a month I decided to send him my baby bump picture, I had also sent him a picture of a super, duper loaded rib we had for dinner and since I knew my brother was at work,I figured I'd make him jealous since he is such a carnivorous cave man and those ribs are one of his favorites. (And again, I wonder why my belly is huge lol... I only had one for the record... and I didn't even finish it). So I sent him the pictures... around midnight I get a text message back, "Oh how Beautiful!!!) For just a moment there I thought he was talking about my baby bump... then I realized I sent him the picture of the rib. I asked him to clarify which picture he was talking about... he has yet to respond. Knowing my brother, I know for certain he was talking about the rib :-/ LOL, I guess that's what I get for teasing him. (it doesn't look that big in the photo, but trust me... IT WAS BIG!... and I mean the rib lol)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations and good luck!

Cyn said...

Thank you very much