Sunday, September 28, 2008

Change is Growth

ok, so I posted two other blogs today but they were from a couple days ago. I dont always remember to post my blogs on here, so here we go...

Have you ever wanted something so bad you can feel it in your bones? I am a true believer in working very hard for what you want, and I do. My mom always told me that anything (realistically) is possible as long as I have God, my faith, and perseverance; I agree. I started to read a book a while back called "The Secret" and never really finished it (I got bored since it was the same thing over and over again, so I watched the DVD, well part of it, and fell asleep). I got the main concept and it is pretty interesting. I do not believe that just the "laws of attraction" alone can get you what you want; It's a nice concept though. I do believe, however, that everything we bring into our life, we attract, like a magnet (if you want to get technical on me, I do not mean this in the opposites attract sort of way, you know the whole positive negative poles on a magnet idea) so to speak. For this very reason I only allow certain people in my life, well, those who play important roles anyhow. Going back to the book, I think it was a bunch of hype (hype; I just realized I've been using this word a lot lately. Random, I know. Just thought I'd throw that in here) that may lead gullible people to believe that anything is possible just because Oprah endorsed it; I attempted to read the book and watch the DVD, I didn't fall for the gimmick, so I like to think this sets me apart. I'll stick to my personal and spiritual beliefs. Now why did I feel the need to write all of this nonsense? Oh yea (I had lost my train of thought), wanting something.

There are a lot of things that I want. Some I know I can get with hard work and dedication, some I just want for selfish reasons, and some things I really want but realize that it might not be the best for me after all. That is the hard part, coming to terms with the realization that something you desire it's not good for you. But can it be, if you work really hard? I suppose it could, but change is needed. Change doesn't necessarily mean to change who you are or your beliefs, I believe that change is growth. We learn and grow from experiences, whether bad or good. From my past experiences, I have realized that I, too, have changed; some say for the better, some say for the worse.
I received an email with this quote,
"Change is the essence of life. Be willing to surrender what you are for what you could become."
Having read this, it confirmed my beliefs that change is good. Change is growth. One does not have to loose why they are in the process but may find something better underneath it all.
With change in mind, must I change myself to get what I want, or should I change what ever it is that I want?
(Sometimes I think that I think too much)

No comments: