Sunday, September 28, 2008

<3 Little Things Part II <3 09/21/2008

So this is a continuation of my previous post.


"Settling"
As if we don't already know what settling mean, for my own sake and the sake of my blog, I'm gonna go ahead and break it down. Settling, in essence, means to "make do" or "put up with"; I think it also partly means giving up your aspirations because one may feel they can no longer be attainable.
With that in mind, the following quote (the same individual also quoted the "Word's to live by" section on my page) better explains the connotation of the word, "settle" or "settling".

"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Everyone who knows me recognizes the fact that I am usually one to never settle. Now don't get me wrong, I have made mistakes (haven't we all?) that may have appeared as "settling" and I don't deny that I have been blinded by illusions (those of love, of life, well, of many things for that matter) in the past. Eventually, I come to my wits and identify my mistakes and as hard as it may be to move forward, one must be resilient and make life more meaningful. With that being said, this brings me back to my last blog. This predicament isn't as dramatic as it may appear to the outside world; however, it is an internal battle of choices that I am faced with and answers that are being demanded.
Life is all about choices. Let's put into perspective these choices (there are more than two choices however, for the sake of making this short, I'll cut it down to two. Yes, this will be vague):

Option 1 provides stability, assurance, focus, positive future, dedication, consistency and so on. Stepping back and taking a broad look, I see every reason why I should pick this path. However, at this stage in my life, although I always try to see beyond the horizon, my life is focused on "now" and having as much fun as I can before I am ready for "grown up" life, so to speak.

Option 2 is the complete opposite; it's focused on today, living for the moment. What is not to love about living in the moment, after all, we only live once. As they say, "Life is short, live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the drama, take chances, and never have regrets…" This option suits my life for the time being. Should I take this path (if it were really an option), I don't know if in the future it could provide me with the benefits featured in option 1. I suppose it could, after all I believe I control my own destiny (to some extent).

Anyhow, these choices reflect my life, my future, perhaps relationships to come, and so on. I don't spend hours upon hours dwelling on this however, being that the choices we make today may affect tomorrow. This is just something I have been pondering about lately and fear that the uncertainty of the future (of course the future is uncertain, it's also the most beautiful part) may lead me to settle for something less than I deserve today, or perhaps something I feel I deserve today, may lead me to settle for an uncertain future.
That's enough rambling about uncertain this and uncertain that, perhaps I should just take it for what it is, whatever that may be. I think I just gave myself a headache.

No comments: