Sunday, June 15, 2008

Walmart Mayhem

After dropping off my maternal grandfather his Father's Day goodie basket, I decided to go to Walmart for a few things like dog food, some frijoles for tomorrows festivities, and an ice cream cake. Well I pretty much figured out I was S.O.L. on the ice cream cake which meant I needed to run by H.E.B. to get one. I didn't know what I was in for. I decided to take my sweet time browsing through the isles, put some stuff back, you know… the whole buyer's remorse bit, then pile more things in. I decide that I am finally ready and besides, if I forgot something, I could get it at H.E.B. By this time I was already frustrated and about to go ballistic with one of my anxiety attacks when I saw the lines. OH MY FREAKIN… yeah, the lines were long, too freakin' long. I start sweating profusely because I can't stand crowds, I can't stand to hear a the noise pollution caused by griping couples, screaming children, annoying people on their stupid Nextel walkie-talkie phones, and so on. Does management not anticipate the rush before the holiday? They need to get a clue because this happens every time, there were perhaps only 6 open lanes in the whole walmart not including cosmetics, jewelry, and garden. Uh, Hello! Do they think I actually have almost 2 hours to stand in line? Well I don't. And even if I did I wouldn't use my time standing in a line. I debated leaving but then the very thought having to do it all over again tomorrow made me cringe, and my dogs needed the food, although I'm pretty sure they would have definitely enjoyed brisket for the day. I try to keep it cool and not lash out at anyone and I start chatting with the lady behind me… "This is so ridiculous, they need to open more registers" she agrees and then states "why are we like the only walmart that does not have a self check out isle", I reply, "cause this is Alamo". She giggles and answers her phone call. I make it out finally and am regretting the fact that I need to go pick up the cake. H.E.B. is not that bad. I run in and run out. I get the cake. Whew! I make it home. And here I am. I survived walmart mayhem.

No comments: