Sunday, June 8, 2008

Philosophy

"Philosophy: falling in love doesn’t begin with falling in love with others; it begins with falling in love with ourselves. Loving ourselves is healthy and as god intended. Learn to deeply and fully cherish your heart, your soul and your body and only then will you understand what it is to truly love another."

Coming to terms with imperfection is by all means the greatest gift; the gift of self actualization. I’ve spent a long time trying to hide my imperfections and perfect them, but I realize that imperfection can be beautiful. Who is anyone to judge that, judge me? I am only who I let you see, but there is much more beneath my skin that certain people would rather ignore or try to find out. I am tired of feeling insecure and second guessing myself. I am tired of running away from what makes me happy for fear of being left first. After all, it sort of makes sense. I guess that’s why everyone does it; leave before they leave you, that way its not your heart that gets broken. My insecurities have definitely left me feeling half empty, and I must retrain myself to believe that I can be loved and let myself be loved. This means I must love myself first, not that I don’t, but I must admit that I, alone bring myself down.

No comments: