Sunday, July 13, 2008

No Place Like Home

So I'm finally home, for good this time. I finally got into the valley around 1630 (for those who dont know military time that is 4:30, but I might as well have typed that to begin with cause I just typed all this...). Anyhow, upon entering Harlingen (or was it leaving Harlingen?) I see two ladies on the side of the road and and two city cops behind them, they are out of their vehicles, and of course I thought, "eh, great, they are holding up traffic, dumb bitches"...I pass them, but I look in the rear view mirror and what do I see? 2 cops helping these ladies fix a flat. Now I didnt realize it took two men to change 1 tire (BTW, I can change a tire, woot woot! All by myself!) but that really wasnt the point. Now there really isnt a point at all other than it is good to see these men helping out someone rather than stalking drivers in the "work zones" like prey so they can meet their quota. I did, however, enjoy watching these nice men in their uniforms (yea I'm a sucker for a man in uniform). It was only for a moment though cause I dont like to rubber neck, it just causes accidents, slows traffic even more, then I get really irate, and that is not a pretty picture. Well I didnt get to see their faces but their butts looked kinda cute if I must say. Well my hat's off to them for helping out helpless women and enduring this valley heat. Gosh I miss Corpus already, I could feel the heat near Riviera and I knew I was close to home.
So now that I'm home I'm on a mission:
1. Gotta find a job. I'm pretty sure I have a pretty good shot at this
particular one but I dont wanna count my eggs.
2. Get rid of my gas guzzling truck. I obviously need a more econimical car with these blood sucking gas prices, next thing you know, they'll be asking for first borns.
3. Take care of some stuff for school. Gotta pay tuition, books, probably more uniforms, more supplies, etc...
4. Noah needs a hair cut. He looks like a homeless pup I picked up from "little Mexico". (For those who dont know where "little Mexico" is, it's like the part of my town, that nobody really goes to, It's where the immigrants go and call "home")
5. I'm sure I'll come up with a few more.
Tomorrow is Girls Night Out! YEAH! We were supposed to go to Skean Dhu but Aiden starts t-ball so we are just gonna chill at Rikki's. I'm not sure if I blogged about my 5 liter box of wine on here or on blogger, but anyhow I'll recap... I bought a 5 liter box all for MYSELF! No, I didnt get to finish it, what kinda girl do you take me for? But now its gonna go to waste cause I dont think Sheila will finish it or drink it for that matter. BOOOO! I think were having the usual tomorrow, V W/ DC. Anyhooo, I'm fueled up at the moment cause I drank one of those Monster Grenades, well that's what I call 'em cause they have a resealable cap and if you put it in your purse and it kinda shakes a little, when you open it, it makes a really loud noise. I think Im gonna shut up now!

No comments: