Friday, July 4, 2008

Midnight Ramblings

It's almost 3 a.m., I actually tried going to bed early today since my mother will be in town today. I don't usually go to bed until 4 maybe 5 sometimes 6 a.m. Unfortunately I suffer from insomnia. My usual sleeping pattern involves jumping in bed close to four 'cause that's what time Angel (my cousin) wakes up for work and for fear of him waking up and walking out into the living room naked or in his "unnawares". So I hop in bed and turn on my ipod full blast so it is just loud enough that I can hear it with out having those earbuds in my ears (this helps with the awkward silence) and I play those stupid trivia quizzes on the ipod or I'll play wheel of fortune on my phone. I then hear the alarm goes off, at that point I try to close my eyes, sing a couple songs and then I fall asleep (I have discovered that if I sing to songs it keeps my mind from racing therefore putting me in a meditative state). The people upstairs are usually awake at this time too, so I hear their kid running around and the plumbing. Then around 6 or 7 I never really look at the time, Sheila's alarm goes off. I hear it and occasionally hear her jamming out to M.C., I fall back asleep. Now after typing all this I am not exactly sure why, I think my hands have a mind of their own. So anyhow I woke up cause it's so freakin hot. There's no worse way to wake up than in a sweat. Gross! I live with my grandparents since I left my ex and decided to go home and finish school. I slept in the guest room because my room is very hot only to wake up hot in there. Sheila lives in an igloo and I love it, I don't usually wake up sweating at her place.

Today is 4th of July, Happy Independence Day! I don't know what my plans are but I know that I will be spending a great deal of time with my mother. I miss her and have not seen her since mid March. My head hurts, I think I am dehydrated from sweating. I HATE sweating, now I have to jump in the shower to feel refreshed only to sweat again once I get out. I don't know what to type anymore, I'm just kinda venting here.

No comments: