Saturday, July 23, 2011

Counting down...

Almost 37 weeks and counting... I cant say I'm "miserable" like I hear most women say throughout pregnancy but with 3 weeks or less to go, I am finally starting to feel "pregnant". By that I mean short of breath, I got the penguin waddle down to the "T", I cant get out of a comfy chair as quick as I used to, I cant see my nether regions, and my calves and ankles merged (so I sport cankles now, don't judge... I like to think of them as Jessica Rabbit legs... you know... from Who framed Roger Rabbit... only I'm a little curvier in more than one place than she is), my hands and feet are swollen, and from what I hear... when baby is getting near, my nose is supposed to puff up as well (at least that's what I was told by the ladies in the office... so I have someone monitoring my face... OK kinda but not really) just to name a few. Oh well, it's just a small price to pay when you look at the big reward in the end.




I had my second baby shower that the wonderful ladies from Jordan Health Services threw for me/Matthew. He got lots of great gifts and the diapers were wonderful, I think I'm set for a good while... I said "I think" 'cause I don't really know how much babies poop and pee, but I'm sure I'll find out pretty soon. My room has has been transformed and accommodates my soon to be new "room-mate", I'm definitely ready for him once he gets the eviction notice from my uterus... I'm hoping sooner than later, not because I don't enjoy being pregnant but because I cant wait to see him and hold him and squeeze him and love him forever and ever :) ... And now I sound like that Elvira character from tiny toons, but that's how I feel, I just love him soooo much already ♥ I don't think I can ever get enough of him. ♥ ♥

On another note, I'm getting a little annoyed with people saying "get ready, your life is never gonna be the same" like it's a bad thing or a threat (some say it in a good way... I guess it's just their tone) and I should be watching out for the"no turning back sign". I'm sorry if kids made their life miserable but having lost my angel several years ago, I consider Matthew a blessing and I'm looking forward to the "no turning back" sign because he is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I've had a great life and my little miracle is going to make it so much better, so no, I don't mind missing my days of partying and up all-nighters, they'll just be a little different. Instead of cocktail parties and clubbing I'll have days of birthday parties and getting chased around with a foam club by my Matthew like Bam Bam from the Flintstones (Notice how I've made many cartoon references? Yup... I've done my research lol), and my up all-nighters will be countless nights round the clock feedings and diaper changes. Maybe I'm just a tad more hormonal these days but it really bothers me that some people make it sound so negative. Even with all my complications, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I just have to ignore them, I know I'm going to be a great mother, I cant say I'll be perfect, but I'll do the best damn job that I can, besides my mother is a great role model and although I'm still not Teague, Tx's biggest fan, I couldn't have made a better decision than being close to my mother.

So until "D-day" gets here (I mean Delivery day NOT DOOM'S DAY), It's more of those bi-weekly doctor's visits (yes, this now includes those highly uncomfortable and painful pelvic exams, UGH). I'm gonna miss feeling him in my tummy the most. I know I've said it before, but I just love to see my stomach move from him rolling around or kick boxing (whatever it is that he is doing in there) the most... It is such an amazing feeling. Oh yeah... did I mention doc says to keep working? With my fluid fluctuations, I was actually hoping he'd say "modified bed rest" or "it's a good idea to stop working now"... but NOOOOO :( he said it'll keep me active, and I suppose it's a good idea to keep those paychecks coming since I'm not fortunate enough to have maternity leave... well, the paid kind anyway. My cousin Amy had her baby a few days before Father's Day, and her doctor told her to stop working 6 weeks before... and that's cause she works just 45 minutes away. I live about an hours drive from the hospital and I drive 45 minutes away in the opposite direction... AND MY PREGNANCY HAS BEEN COMPLICATED... sheesh! lol, yeah, yeah, doc knows best, I'm just jealous cause I'm tired these days, but my job is very accommodating to my appointment schedule, some days I work on days I have appointments (just a little) and some days I don't. I couldn't ask for more!

No comments: